Renovating our workshop taught me many things. I learnt that I could do it myself, to not settle for average and it wasn't that hard.
The biggest thing I learnt was how to build a window architrave. Our window in the workshop was incomplete, there were gaps between the framing and the concrete wall, it looked ugly. With some advice from a couple of builders who follow me I completed the entire job. It looks great now and my pottery wheel sits nicely in front of it.
NIKKI'S DIY TIPS
- Start with a plan or idea
- Ask for advice before starting. I was lucky that Ani’s Dad was a painter
- Check out Pinterest for inspiration.
- Ask for help at Mitre 10 it will save you time
- Don’t be budget, spend a little extra buying extra items like tape etc. it will save you making multiple trips back to Mitre 10
- If you don’t know then ask
- If you don’t have a builder friend, find one. They are lifesavers!!